General Author Site Resource(s):
• Index to Internet Sites:
Children's and Young Adults' Authors & Illustrators
• Authors & Illustrators on the Web
Tomi Da Paola – for younger readers strong on visual art connection
TA Barron – upper elementary and up (?) – maps, imaginary lands, etc.
Judy Blume – a perennial k-12 favorite author
Faith Ringgold – Anyone can.. if you try.
Louis Sachar – Holes!!!!
Student Recommendations of Author Websites:
Shel Silverstein and Jerry Spinelli (submitted for her group by Hannah Whang)
Dan Pilkey - Author of Captain Underpants
(submitted by Jessica Rivera and Cassandra Jones)
and Gail Gibbons
Byrd Baylor (submitted by Ethan Goldwater and Mike Chrzanowski)
No official website - this series of related resources assembled instead.
Activity with Author Sites
1) List an author(s) whose works you use/would like to use/intend to use in class
2) Does this author have a website?
3) How would you rate the usefulness of the information found on this site?
How would you utilize it as an instructional resource in your class?
4) What sorts of ‘extras’ are to be found on this author’s site?
5) Other observations ? Suggestions ?